Imperial Blanc de Chine
The Imperial was our very first design, and our pride and joy when we first launched our brand in August 2012. It remains the cornerstone of Maison Celadon, and the purest expression of what we consider a characteristically Chinese watch - elegant, refined, graceful, yet warm and charming - just like the ancient land of its ancestry.
The Plum Blossom guilloche is inspired by the dials of vintage Chinese watches of the 1950s and '60s, but improved both in refinement and quality of craftsmanship. In Chinese culture, the plum blossom is a symbol of resilience and perseverance in the face of adversity, as they bloom most vibrantly in the deepest winter snow.
The Imperial's curvaceous teardrop lugs case echoes the swooping eaves of classical Chinese architecture and furniture.
The Celadon-Grade B18 movement, made by Beijing Watch Manufactory exclusively in a higher-grade for us and tested stringently through three layers of quality control, shines with its characteristic Chinese Scroll Stripes and calligraphic engraving in gold, amidst four gold chatons and a constellation of blued screws.
The Blanc de Chine, launched as part of our premiere series, stands eternally graceful and refined, its ermine countenance bearing witness to the wisdom of the ages, a worthy exemplar of the Chinese nation.
Technical Specifications of the Imperial
- available with Plum Blossom guilloche in 3 colours - Blanc de Chine, Midnight Blue and Imperial Red
- available with Peacock guilloche in Blanc de Chine
- 5 year global warranty
- Celadon-Grade B18 with bespoke calligraphic engraving
- handwinding movement
- 21,600 vph
- approx 42 hour power reserve
Dial and Hands -
- oil-pressed guilloche dial
- double-faceted hour and minute dauphine hands
- 316L stainless steel
- voluptuous teardrop lugs case
- screwed down caseback
- 50m water resistant
- 38mm case diameter
- 9.4mm thin
- 20mm strap width at lugs
- front and rear sapphire crystal
- signed tang buckle
- genuine chocolate calf leather strap with signed cream lining
- a wide range of ready-made and bespoke straps available as options